Some questions on employment at Stoughton Trucking, Inc.
- I’m considering applying for a driver position at Stoughton Trucking, Inc. What benefits do I receive?
- What is the hiring process for drivers at Stoughton Trucking, Inc.?
- I am an Owner-operator Independent Driver. What are my requirements for working for Stoughton Trucking, Inc.?
- Do Owner-operator Independent Drivers receive benefits from Stoughton Trucking, Inc.?
I’m considering applying for a driver position at Stoughton Trucking, Inc. What benefits do I receive?
Drivers with 2 or more years experience receive:
- Stop/Pickup Pay $25 after the 1st (stop off)
- Tarp/Untarp Pay $40 Each
- Life and Short-term Disability Insurance
- Dental and Medical Insurance
Positions offered at Stoughton Trucking, Inc. are contingent upon successful completion of our assessments, including passing a drug test. You will be offered a job at Stoughton Trucking, Inc after we receive:
- your passing drug and alcohol test results
- verify at least three years of over the road experience
- verify or have you obtain a current federal medical card
- pass a company road test
- and complete a three day orientation process.
I am an Owner-operator Independent Driver. What are my requirements for working for Stoughton Trucking, Inc.?
All drivers are required to meet all DOT requirements and operate legally. We run flatbed and van freight.
Owner-operators are responsible for the following:
- Comp, collision and bobtail insurance
- Tractor maintenance/repairs
- Heavy vehicle use tax
- Tarps, chains, straps, binders, etc. Flatbed equipment is NOT required because of our “no forced dispatch” policy, but can limit the freight offered. These items may be purchased through our shop.
Benefits for Owner-operator Independent Drivers may include:
- $.90 per mile, ALL Dispatched Miles
- Extra stop/pickup pay (after 1st, freight only) $35
- Tarp/Untarp Pay $35
- Fuel surcharge on all dispatched miles
- Over-the-road fuel discounts
- Shop discounts
- Plates, permits and fuel taxes paid
- Pre-Pass paid
- Tolls Paid
- Authorized lumpers paid
- Omnitrac Satellite Communication System Paid
- Liability and cargo insurance paid
- Group truck insurance rates available
- No forced dispatch
- Home most weekends
Optional benefits are:
- ComCheck Program
- Direct Deposit
- Bulk fuel rates (Stoughton, Wisconsin Terminal)
- On-site shop (Stoughton, Wisconsin Terminal)
- 10% above cost on parts purchased